Fluffy Gluten Free, Low Carb Pancakes
Food is a vital part of my lifestyle, for obvious reasons like sustenance. However, I also enjoy preparing it and enjoying the fruit of my labour thereafter. Most often high fat-low carb take priority, because it keeps my body healthy and me happy. After experimenting with several banting/paleo/primal pancake recipes, and searching for ingredients that appealed to me the most – here is my take on a gluten free, delicious banting pancake!
Makes 8 small pancakes.
What You Need
- 1/3 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup (plus 2 tbps) almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana (mashed)
- 60ml milk (cow’s, almond or coconut)
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Butter or coconut oil, for the pan
- Maple syrup/Honey and bacon to serve
- Put all the dry ingredients through a sieve (Some almond flour will not go through, just pop it into the bowl)
- Mash the banana to ensure that there are no lumps and then add it to the mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and give it a good mix till combined and quite smooth.
- Add a little oil or butter to a cast iron pan or non-stick griddle. Once the surface is greased, spoon in the mixture.
- Wait for little bubbles to appear, then flip.
- Enjoy with butter, maple syrup or honey and bacon/chacon/macon on the side.
You can add any of these extras below and create your own version:
- Cacao nibs
- Chia seeds
- Nut butter
- Ricotta cheese